I have worked for different companies and industries, such as tech giant IBM and music industry disruptor Last.fm. At the moment I'm creating games for gambling startup Gamevy.
I combine full stack tech experience with the skills to manage and deliver successful projects.
My current focus is on creating innovative real money games - from slots with a twist to completely new concepts.
Please visit marekventur.com for a selection of projects and games I've worked on.
- Game Development: Concept, prototype, pay table, simulation
- Project Management: Agile methodologies, team and client communication
- UX: Wire framing, user flow, A/B testing
- Frontend Development: HTML5 Game Development, JS, CSS, PIXI.js
- Backend Development: Node.js, Python, Java, PHP
- Operations: Server administration, CI, scaling, automation, monitoring
- Data analysis: Reporting, BI, web analytics
- Bilingual: English, German
Gamevy (Aug 2013 - Present), London
Senior Developer and Game Producer
- Developing game concepts for the majority of Gamevy's games to date.
- Project management from customer request to delivery
- Creating playable prototypes and simulations as well as the probabilistic maths to verify their correctness
- UX: Making sure that Gamevy's games not only look great but are also easy to understand and a fun to play
- Implementation of backend infrastructure in accordance with gambling regulations
- Implementation of game frontend for both mobile and desktop via HTML5. Frequent contributer to PIXI.js
- Creation of infrastructure for continuous deployment, scaling, monitoring and auditing
Last.fm (Dec 2012 - Aug 2013), London
- Refactoring and enhancements for Music Manager, a platform for labels that supplies most of Last.fm's streams
- Data research (Hadoop, Hive, SQL)
Last.fm (Oct 2011 - Dec 2012), London
- Refactor of a chart-image generator service, serving millions of requests per day
- Maintenance of infrastructure that handles user-uploaded images
- Suggested, prototyped, designed and implemented main parts of Last.fm's realtime charts infrastructure that provided up-to-the-second resolution
- Participated in major redesign project
IBM (Oct 2008 - Nov 2011), Germany
Corporate Student Program
- Planning, design and development of a virtual tour through IBM data centres
- Development of various tools to improve reusability of automated test cases on z/Linux
- Development, roll out and support of a web based process planning tool